>>>

true stories from the interpreter

5.23.2006

I Highly Recommend Having Your Head Cut Open

So, I had surgery Monday. I was born with a cyst on the top of my head. I had it removed five years ago, and it grew back. I finally decided to have it removed again. Most of what was removed was scar tissue, but there was some form of a cyst there.

The procedure took less than an hour. It was done in the doctor's office, not a hospital. I was given local anesthetics. Which means I was awake for the whole thing. I didn't feel very much after the first few shots of anesthetic. From what I've been told, one of the needles bent on my scalp. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Now, I have five stitches holding my scalp together. I have to find someone to remove those next week. I'm sure the Student Health Center could do it. Maybe I'll do it myself. Maybe I'll sell raffle tickets and the winner gets to remove them.

My surgeon was cool enough to let my mom and friend take pictures. So you can go here to see the whole set of surgery pictures. A lot of them are blurry, but still worth a look. Also, I have a pretty nice (bloody) video of the surgery if you have the good fortune to catch me in person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home