Quick update for now, I got to get the lab for a full day of hacking.
It's been a long week, but I've made some good progress.
Both the teacher and student client work well enough to let me create sessions and connect to them. Today I'll be working on actually taking and grading the quiz (among other bug fixes).
I also found a bug in Amenity that I didn't realize was there, I'll be fixing that first.
My truck exploded yesterday (well, close enough). Something around the radiator or water pump area broke and let all the water leak out. Short story: it's in the shop right now. Long story will come later.
Off to the lab!